Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 3 --Just a Snapshot of the Past

     Cleaning out the clutter equals memories and decisions as to what really is clutter.   So today there was no attempt to make a real photo of anything, just a snapshot of a few memories.  
     The snapshot is what they call very hot; under the current "rules" about photography bright sun is considered next to evil.  It is a rule I often question.  IF one of the goals of photography is to portray the reality of the world, isn't the bright sun an essential part of our reality?    I keep thinking I want to take a series of landscape shots that all represent the HOT world of mid-day and not just the softness of the pre-dawn or what they call the "magic" light of the evening.  Magic?  It is the same sun, just lower in the sky.  OK, those times produce what conventional wisdom says is the best light.  Just some rambling thoughts.  
     Midday when I was in the middle of an attempt at decision making, the memories sent me for the camera.  The WWII History from an uncle who served.  The very old multi-volume jingoistic History of America was from an aunt who shared my passion for all history.   The History of Napoleon written by his personal valet I acquired from I don't remember where.  The book on the bottom, a rather romantic novel from 1901 that made Aaron Burr a hero is something the Burr side of the family enjoyed.  A couple of my 1980s Garfield collection that today, once again, I rescued from the disposable clutter pile---I just love that cat and his family.    Now the wooden candle holder made by my oldest son in high school woodshop should not have been out in the bodega, but there it was.  The mystery of misplaced items.  


The decisions for these things and many others have yet to be made----but the clutter is better organized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment