Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 2 - Noise, Noise and Progress, I think.

     A new small hotel is being built right on the beach just down the street.  It is progress, I guess.  I rather miss the old falling down funky hotel, but they say it had to go.  It is always that mystical "they" that baffles my mind.  And being rather old myself, just how soon will "they" say I have to go.  
Monster machines that dig deep into the ground are now my alarm clock; they begin at 7 A.M. exactly.  I wonder if they will complete the project as much on time.  
     Today I wanted to confront my new alarm clock.  I broke my rule about no cropping; I knew I would.  I wanted to try a certain filter.  It seemed appropriate to use a filter, maybe as a way to filter what is happening.  One of today's rules was to take only what I was committed to use---nothing more.   Serious camera adjustments were needed to use that filter, and as a novice, it was all experimental.  The result created too much noise on the picture.   There was some consideration of  returning to the site, but the rain returned.  Thoughts of scraping the entire idea crossed my mind.  Yet noise in the picture began to feel right as the real time noise is what led me to that machine.  



Lesson---Read More about Settings---Enjoy the new, and don't live in the past.  

No comments:

Post a Comment